Sustainability means meeting the needs of today without compromising the future. It is founded on three pillars: Environmental, Economic and Social. The following links point to articles and publications highlighting Aviagen’s commitment to breeding sustainability. Please keep visiting this page as we will continue to add new and relevant materials.
- "Sustainable broiler production: Building a greener future." Poultry World, Sept. 11, 2019.
- "Breeding for a sustainable world." PoultryWorld.net, Sept. 25, 2020.
- "Breeding for sustainable economies," PoultryWorld.net, October 30, 2020.
- View the Feedmill video
- "Breeding for social sustainability." PoultryWorld.net, November 27, 2020.
- Aviagen Global VP of Welfare and Compliance Anne-Marie Neeteson participated in the signing of landmark declaration by the International Poultry Council (IPC) and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, confirming that the IPC will adopt five of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
- "Decades of Welfare and Sustainability Selection at Aviagen Chickens and Turkeys," by Anne-Marie Neeteson, Jim McAdam, Magnus Swalander, Alfons Koerhuis; Aviagen Group.